Monday, February 25, 2008

In your ARP, are your learners engaged in their learning? Why or why not? (2/25)

Again, since I just started Cycle 1 of my ARP, I can’t respond to this question. I can say that I believe the participants that I have selected, based on my experience of them will be fully engaged in the learning. All of my participants are members of an academic community. They’ve expressed a desire in the group, because they are looking to find a greater meaning and growth in their professional lives. Members have recognized that in the current workplace, employers are no longer loyal to their employees and therefore they must be self guided, They must have a clear focus and direction in their careers and remain marketable and flexible. Flexibility means to have the tools to make changes quickly or adapt to changes quickly. Refining and enhancing technology skills allows for more employment flexibility. For the older worker, it creates an opportunity to compete and stay relevant in the workplace against younger, tech savvy co-workers.

No comments: