Saturday, May 24, 2008

What is the role of an electronic portfolio in my ongoing academic and professional career in educational technology? (5/05)

At this point an e-portfolio will have value for a number of reasons. One, it will allow me to start a collection of my work in and outside of the OMET experience.
Allows me to maintain intellectual ownership of my work and work in which I contributed. allows for ongoing construction of work completed and demonstration of academic mastery and growth as I continue my learning and professional development.

An e-portfolio enhances and brings to life the traditional resume/CV, providing a platform to present evidence of academic and professional achievement to prospective or current employer(s).

More importantly, it will allow me to be more reflective in my career planning and decision making. At my age, there is little time left to explore, but rather to make a shift that will take me into my retirement years. The activity of building an e-portfolio will
assist in creating a clear vision in constructing a career change or shift.

Utilizing the format of an electronic portfolio allows for:
• Various sections w/in the portfolio to present to different stakeholders (flexibility)
• Portability (web based)
• Utilizing graphics, sound, audio and video demonstrates technology competency

No comments: